1. Amla & Guava- Contains high amounts of vitamin C. It is the most potent antioxidant in the body, is water soluble and responsible for taking out toxins from all over the body.
2. Nuts & Seeds- For example walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds etc have a high amount of omega 3 fatty acids that protects your heart from the detrimental effects of pollution by balancing your lipid profile.
3. Turmeric (haldi)- This has curcumin that purifies your blood of pollutants. It also has anti inflammatory properties that helps reverse the effects of pollution on the body.
4. Broccoli- It contains an anti carcinogenic compound called sulforaphane that protects the lungs against ozone related pollutants and particulate pollutants.
5. Tomatoes- Similar to turmeric in action, this has lycopene that is a potent antioxidant, and aids in respiratory illnesses caused due to particulate matter present in the air.