Yoga: an Integral Part of my life”- Prime Minister Modi
Updated: Apr 15, 2020
PM Modi has tweeted about the significance of Yoga and Meditation in his life. He believes that these practices keep him balanced and fit. Experts at Elate Wellbeing: the best yoga studio- have been conducting online Yoga and Meditation sessions to ensure physical and mental wellbeing during this lockdown
The following are some of the easy to follow asanas shared by PM Modi that help us in our general wellbeing:
1. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose):
Stretches hips, back muscles, chest and shoulders and strengthens leg muscles.
Stretches the spine.
Stimulates the spinal nerves.
It relieves from backache, gastritis, indigestion, acidity, flatulence
It also stimulates the nervous system and alleviates nervous depression, strengthens the pelvic area and tones the reproductive organs.
People with cardiac ailments should do this exercise slowly and those who have sciatica, back injury or slip disc should avoid this
2. Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose):
· Regulate the menstrual cycle in women.
· Tone your buttocks and abdomen.
· Strengthens your ankles, knees, thighs, arms, and legs.
· Improves the function of the respiratory and digestive system.
· Helps to improve the balance of the body.
3. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose):
· Strengthens the ligaments and tendon of the feet.
· Strengthens and tones the entire standing leg, up to the buttocks.
· Strengthen the bones of the hips and legs
· Improves Concentration and focus
· Improves posture
Patients of insomnia, low or high blood pressure and migraine may do this pose without raising your hands overhead.
4. Ardh Chakrasana (Half Wheel Pose):
· Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles.
· It tones the organs in the abdomen including the digestive, excretory and reproductive organs.
· It is good for back problems.
Those having low BP, migraine, varicose, back or shoulder injury should avoid.
5. Padahastasna (Hand to Feet Position):
· Padahastasana makes the body very flexible. It stretches the back and leg muscles.
· It helps to eliminate excess belly fat.
· It improves digestion and reduces constipation. It eliminates many stomach ailments.
· It makes the spine flexible and tones the nerves.
People suffering from severe back pain, high blood pressure, heart problems, knee problems, sciatica or abdominal hernia should not practice this asana.
6. Ustrasana (Camel Pose):
· This stretches the chest, abdomen, quadriceps, and hip flexors.
· Improves spinal flexibility; strengthens shoulders and back muscles, thighs and arms; tones organs of abdomen, pelvis and neck;
· Reduces fat on thighs; loosens up the vertebrate; opens up the hips; and improves posture.
· Benefits in constipation
Those suffering from high or low Blood Pressure, migraine, insomnia, serious low back or neck injury should avoid this asana
7. Bhadrasana (Auspicious Pose):
· Develops flexibility of legs.
· Improves digestion.
· Strengthens backbone, thighs, hips and buttocks.
· Activates muladhara or root chakra.
· Eases delivery, labor during childbirth.
· Develops brainpower.
· Improves focus and concentration.
People suffering from sciatica should not practice Bhadrasana.
8. Vakrasana (Spinal Twist Posture):
· Tones the muscles of the back
· Straightens the upper back, making shoulders look strong
· Strengthens the neck muscle
· Tones the internal organs
· Works on inner muscles of the eyes
· Activates thyroid glands
Those who have ulcers slipped disc, or severe spine, shoulder, or hip injury and women who are pregnant should avoid this pose.
9. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose):
· Helping keep the mind calm and stable.
· Curing digestive acidity and gas formation.
· Helping to relieve knee pain.
· Strengthening thigh muscles.
· Helping to relieve back pain.
· Strengthening sexual organs.
· Helping in the treatment of urinary problems.
Those suffering from severe knee pain should not practice Vajrasana.
10. Shashank Asana (Rabbit Pose):
· Relaxing posture.
· Tones the pelvic muscles.
· Stimulates the abdomen organs.
· Massages the abdominal muscles.
· Can help in sexual disorders.
· Gives a good relaxing stretch to the spine.
Those suffering from Neck, shoulder, arms, back injury, or Spondylitis, Vertigo, Hypertension or Depression and pregnant women should avoid this asana
· Strengthens the spine.
· Stretches the chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
· Firms the buttocks.
· Stimulates abdominal organs.
· Helps relieve stress and fatigue.
· Opens the heart and lungs.
· Soothes sciatica.
· Therapeutic for asthma
Those with severe back problems relating to the spine or suffering from spondylitis should avoid this yoga pose.
· Strengthens legs, back neck and chest.
· Helps in stress management and reduces anxiety.
· Good for pregnant women.
· Improves digestion.
· Cures back pain.
· Cures insomnia
One shouldn't perform this pose if suffering from neck pain, back injury, knee pain or shoulder injury.
13. Shalabhasana (Locust Pose):
· Helpful in sciatica and backache.
· Reduces fat around abs, hips, waist and thighs.
· Strengthens and back muscles and spine.
· Curing cervical spondylitis and spinal cord ailments.
Those having acute back pain or slip disc, severe sciatica pain, major problems with menstruation or prolapsed uterus, or Pregnant women, and heart patients should avoid this asana
14. Pawan Mukatasana (Wind Releasing Pose):
· It strengthens the abdominal and back muscles and massages the intestines and internal organs
· It stimulates the reproductive organs and massages the pelvic muscles.
· It helps burn fat in the thighs, buttocks, and abdominal area.
· It helps to stretch the back and neck.
Those with high blood pressure, slip disc, hernia, or spinal injury should refrain from this pose. Also, men with testicle disorder or women who are pregnant or menstruating should also avoid this pose.
· Helps lose weight and detox body.
· Improves the digestive system.
· Regulates menstrual cycle and blood sugar level.
· Improves anxiety and insomnia.
Pregnant women after the third month of pregnancy, patients of Hernia and high blood pressure or people suffering from back conditions should avoid Surya Namaskar.