Gratitude: Especially in the times of Corona Outbreak
Gratitude means “thankful, pleasing”. When we feel gratitude we are pleased by what someone did for us. Gratitude is a very positive emotion which helps one in all the aspects of life be it emotional health, physical health, spirituality, social life, or overall personality resulting in happiness. Like any other trait, this too can be learned and need to be started on a consistent basis.
There are many ways to practice Gratitude. Some of them are:
Keeping a gratitude journal and writing in everyday
Make a gratitude Jar and keep filling
Communicating to the person you have gratitude
Write thank-you notes
Post on social media
Meditate on things you are grateful for in your life. Loving Kindness meditation can be very helpful in such situations. Check youtube for loving-kindness meditation practice.
Be mindful of all your acts and think of the source and be grateful for. Like when you are eating, think of all those people responsible for creating the food and be grateful – it may be the farmer, the factory worker, the baker, the cook, the shopkeeper etc.
Think of all the people who have touched your life in some way and be thankful to them
When the whole world is going through such a tough phase due to this outbreak of Corona, we still can follow Gratitude to be positive ourselves and spread positivity around. We should be grateful for:
- Healthcare professionals, doctors, nurses, paramedics, etc.
- The cleaners and housekeepers who are still working.
- The people providing us with essential services.
- The government who is trying its level best to control and help us lead a normal life.
- The educators who are trying to provide all the skills through online mediums.
- Our Family and friends who are constantly in touch with us to ask about our well-being.
- Our immediate family for all the emotional and physical support during this time.
- Our pets for all the selfless love when you need the most
- The clean air, water, electricity that we have access to
- The cosy comfort of your house to stay in
- For all the opportunities that we have to feel safe and comfortable
- The time that we have to upgrade ourselves physically, spiritually and emotionally by doing Yoga and meditations
Other related articles