BURNOUT – HOW TO PREVENT AND HEAL
Updated: Feb 18
Burnout is the syndrome conceptualized as resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. This is one of the phenomena, which is catching up with so many other lifestyle disorders and diseases, this has been recently recognized as diagnosable condition according to WHO under the heading “Occupational Phenomenon”.
So many people today experience fatigue, lethargy and feelings of depletion. This can be in both men and women, but women tend to have more of this as they want to “have it all” and be the wonder woman, raising kids, taking care of family, work, social life. One needs to learn to simplify life, prioritize and delegate.
In order to have a balanced life and heal the burning out one needs to follow some of the following in our routines:
1. Do yoga and other gentle daily exercises which calms the nervous system helps control inflammation, boost Immunity, which helps in faster recovery.
2. Eat Nutritious food at regular intervals and drink plenty of water. Adding supplements like Vitamin B12, D, adaptogens and CBD help the body adapt to stress and heal burnout
3. Practice Mindfulness meditation - this decreases stress and anxiety, increases focus and concentration, help decrease blood pressure and increase blood flow thus relaxing the muscles.
4. Practice Pranayam and Deep Breathing – this relaxes the body, calms the nervous system, and improves your mental state, alkalize the body and reduces inflammation
5. Spend time in nature and be aware of your surroundings, this helps in significantly reducing depression and fatigue symptoms and lift the mood
6. Do digital detox – Avoid using phone and laptops etc at least 2 hours before sleep. Also, try to keep away from phones etc at least a few hours every day. This helps in handling insomnia, disrupted sleep cycles, depression, depletion, anxiety, eye strain, and macular degeneration
7. Follow Sleep Hygiene – Stick to regular sleep and wake times and take naps as needed. This helps restore the body